Saturday, May 15, 2010

A Bowl of Pissy Cheerios with a Wrong Side of the Bed

MAN, I am just PISSY. It is rather unlike me. Usually any proclamation of foul-moodedness on my part is accompanied by a hearty self-deprecating laugh. Contrary to popular belief, I'm a pretty happy person. But the weather? AAAARGH!

I know I just bitched about it, oh, two weeks ago, but I'm going to bitch about it again. Honestly? I really like snow. Which is lucky for me because we get LOTS of it. But I like it in October and November and December and January and February and March and April. I used to think it was totally laughable when I first moved out here and it would snow in May. A fucking riot. I'd call my Jersey family who'd respond with shock and awe every time. I might've even thought it was nifty.

But having just completed my tenth season (we're so cool up here, we don't count how long we've resided here in years, but in ski seasons...) I'm noticing that each year I get more and more stabby in May. Zee's birthday is tomorrow. When she was born, it happened to be gorgeous. Awesome how it worked out that way since there was not much happening in the adult beverages on sunny decks department.

On her first birthday, we'd hoped to have a huge barbecuey bash complete with a bonfire in the backyard. Problem was, on her birthday weekend we couldn't even trek through the snow to GET to the fire pit. And so we never had that bash.

Her second birthday was a bit better. We did manage to swing a barbecuey bash. But it was butt ass cold and rainy. At least it wasn't snowing. Though it did snow later that month.

This year...still snow. We didn't even bother with planning a bash.

Oh, P-Chef, Tennessee never sounded so good.

I've got to go shovel the deck. Again.

4 Leg Humps:

Chickie said...

She's still small - change her birthday. Tell her she was born in August and you can have a party then.

PaintingChef said...

Come on then. You know the door is always open...

Ginamonster said...

I'd invite you here to the desert but um, it's raining right now and snowed a bit earlier. Thank goodness it didn't stick...

Dayle Winnifred said...

Start planing snowball fight parties for her, and you will have sun, guaranteed!

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com / graphics : AmyD : www.amysmusings.com