Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Thirty Somethings...Thing 6

Day 06 → Something you hope you never have to do.

I hope I never get stuck on a desert island with anyone. Not even you. Not even if I can bring one thing. Partially because I'm a social butterfly quadruple squared and so I have an inherent need to be around lots of people, but mostly because I'm pretty fucking annoying in large doses and you'd end up hiding behind palm trees to avoid me. I think I have lots of friends so I can disseminate the annoyingness harmlessly and still remain in good graces with most. Or at least tolerable.

I hope I never perfect cooking a baked potato. I think it adds character to be shitty at cooking something that should be so easy.

I hope I'm never the mother of a bully. I also hope I'm never the mother of a bullied. I do hope I am the mother of a bully bullier. Or two bully bulliers.

I hope my children bury me. I know that's an 'I hope' and not an 'I hope not' but to type it alternatively...my fingers won't do it.

I hope I never have to admit I'm wrong to my kids. Eh, that's kinda bullshit. I hope I don't but I know that when I do it will only serve to make my kids better people. And me a better person. I'm just not looking forward to it is all.

I hope I never forget that sometimes I'm wrong. And I'm using the term 'sometimes' rather loosely here.

I hope I never have to hear the words, "Mom, I'm pregnant," in any context other than joyous. I hope I never lose myself in 'How Things Were Supposed to BE' land if those words are uttered at, well, what I consider not the right time but the deliverer of the words does. I really, really, really fucking hope that if those words are ever uttered and the speaker wants an abortion, I don't have to fly her to another country to get one. I hope I don't have to, but I will.

I hope, if reincarnation is real, I never have to be reincarnated as a person who gets stuck on a desert island with me. Because that would just be trippy.

I hope I never have to be reincarnated. Because this life is real. And it is fun. Hell, it's been really fun at times. And really not at others. But I'd like to just do it once, please.

0 Leg Humps:

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com / graphics : AmyD : www.amysmusings.com