Tuesday, April 19, 2005

I Don't Get Along With Other Women...

What. The. Fuck. Ever. I'm sorry. I just don't buy that shit. Yeah, it was cool to say it in high school. I said it, and it was generally true, but there was a reason for it. The reason being that it gave me more 'cool girl' street cred to say it. In high school. To high school boys.

When I hear other folks of the female persuasion say this, particularly over the age of twenty, I typically roll my eyes, and move right along. A heads up to ya'll. It's just not cool after high school to say you don't get along with 51% of the world's population.

I dig women. Women fucking rock, in my humble opinion. Some love pink. Some loathe it. Some wear heels. Some wear flip flops. Long hair. Short hair. Businesswomen. Stay at home moms. Working moms. Working girls. Whatever. What's not to love? I mean, on any given day we wear, oh, maybe a twenty hats. It's cool. We're cool.

So, next time you're hanging out with the dudes, and the phrase "I don't really get along with other women," is dangling from the tip of your tongue, I beg you to reconsider letting it fly. Because you are, in essence, putting those dudes up on a pedastool because they are sooooo much cooler than, pffft, women.

And get yourself some girlfriends. For real. Perhaps the reason you don't generally get along with other women is because they can smell from a mile away that you won't like 'em 'cause they have a vagina. Just like you do, hon.

2 Leg Humps:

peg said...

Zube..... Girl!
Thanks so much for coming by my blog! I had to check yours out. I love the post about hanging with other women. My buds are fabulous, they even listen to me sing in front of drunks...'course they're usually drunk too.....

peg
www.haikuvenue.com

M said...

this is sooooooo true. I hate it when women say they don't get along with other women - it's like - just how idiotic ARE you not to be able to get along with half of the bloody population! ugh.

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com / graphics : AmyD : www.amysmusings.com