Thursday, May 05, 2005

Are Ya Hungry?

In honor of Cinco de Mayo, I'll tell you a story about my 'Waitressing in a Mexican Restaurant' days.

There was this guy who bartended at On the Border* when I was a waitress there, oh, I don't wanna remember how many years ago. His name was Bill, and he was fucking hilarious. Bill and I actually worked down the street at Casa Lupita, which closed a month before On the Border opened up. With our full repertoire of tequila and chimichanga knowledge, a number of us conveniently made On the Border our new home way from home.

Anywho, those of us who'd worked with Bill previously had the pleasure of knowing he was a sarcastic fuck, and acted accordingly.

So, it'd be Saturday at around 9:00 or so, and we'd all be getting tired and hungry and whiney. It's tough serving food to people from 3:00PM to 10:00PM when you yourself are not allowed to eat. At some point, Bill would be hiding behind the server bar chowing down on some enchiladas in between making a Borderita and a jack and coke because he had the privilege of being able to hide from the managers.

An innocent server, whom we'll call Rob (basically, fill in the blank), would high tail it to the server bar to grab his drinks, and spot Bill eating. I was witness to this conversation so many times.

Rob: Hey, is that my house marg?

Bill: Yup.

Rob: Thanks.

Bill: Hey.

Rob: What?

Bill: Are ya hungry?

Rob: Yeah, actually, I'm starving. (Eyeballing Bill's enchiladas) (Heh)

Bill: Then, why don't you go eat a dick.

Rob: Fuck you.

Damn. I miss Bill.

*I was gonna do one of those little linky things to the restaurant's website, but their website does that thing where once you click on it, you can't hit the 'back' button to return to the previous page, so fuck 'em.

0 Leg Humps:

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com / graphics : AmyD : www.amysmusings.com