Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Interrupting the Bathtub Bandit

With a cat licking his brains out in one ear and a crackling and popping woodstove in the other, it's hard to hear what your husband is saying from the bathtub. Especially with the bathroom door closed. Though, I was sure I heard the familiar muffled sound of his voice. So, I peel my lazy Law & Order SVU watching ass off of the couch and walk over to the bathroom door.

Z-Girl: *impatiently* What?

Z-Boy: What?

Z-Girl: Were you calling me?

Z-Boy: No.

Z-Girl: I heard you talking.

Z-Boy: I was talking to myself.

Z-Girl: Oh. Heh. Well, I'm sorry if I interrupted.

Z-Boy: Eh. That's okay. It was kind of a boring conversation anyway.

Z-Girl: Honey.

Z-Boy: What?

Z-Girl: You're awesome.

9 Leg Humps:

Chickie said...

I love eavsdropping on my youngest stepson when he's in the bathroom or showering. He takes it as an opportunity to brush up on his public speaking skills.

You and Z-boy are fun to peek in on :)

Anonymous said...

Heh. They're cute when no one's looking, aren't they? :)

DelBoy said...

Z-Girl, I'm with you! Z-Boy is awesome! You guys always make me laugh out loud with your conversations!

Crazy Lady said...

Suppose he was debating with himself over the whole generic - brand name cereal thing? Was he talking to his Cookie Crisp?

Crazy Lady said...

Suppose he was debating with himself over the whole generic - brand name cereal thing? Was he talking to his Cookie Crisp?

junebee said...

A crackling and popping woodstove sure sounds cozy!

I don't think cats lick their brains out. I think it's the other end. Of course Zubecats may be a different story. Miss P. is a noisy hineylicker too. And when she licks her fur, her aim is terrible. Whoever's holding her gets to a licking from her sandpaper tongue.

justdawn said...

That's so sweet, I think that it is attracting fruit flies;)

Anonymous said...

My mother caught me singing 'opera' in secret when I was about 8. I still shudder when I think about how embarassing that was....

Ginamonster said...

I give concerts in the shower. I swear someday I'm going to record and publish "Showering with Gina" no video though.

I'm suprised you didn't wait for a commercial. Any time I call my mom and sh'e watching Law & Order, She hangs up then calls back during commercials. Sadly, I just take it in stride and don't even think about how weird that is.

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com / graphics : AmyD : www.amysmusings.com