Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Look! No Hands!

Good vibes. Voodoo. Prayer. Encouragement. Gentle chastising of a clump of cells. I'll take anything. I don't discriminiate against good wishes.

Usually I wait to tell you guys because I'm deathly afraid of the jinx. But fuck the jinx. Respecting it hasn't done one iota of good in the past.

I'm knocked up again. It's brand spankin' new. Just found out. So let's curb any excitement just a little. I'm kind of MEH about it. It just is. Or I just am. Knocked up. Again. I have another blood draw today. If the news is good, I have to cancel my trip to Chicago so my hormones can be closely monitered. Damnit. But the good kind of Damnit. Even though Zube Boy and I were going to hang with his family and my Mom and sisters are planning a trek out from New Jersey to join us. This trip has been months in the making. Just my luck.

If the news is bad, we're still going to Chicago. And I'll be celebrating My Belle's 21st birthday by drinking fizzy adult beverages.

I hope we don't go to Chicago. No offense My Belle. I'm sure you get it what with wanting to be an Aunt in the worst fucking way.

Anywho...

All aboard the reckless rollercoaster that is my reproductive life. The ride is free. I can't find it in my heart to charge you when I just don't know whether you'll have a good time or not.

21 Leg Humps:

Gretchen said...

Hope you're not in Chicago...

Anonymous said...

Well okay. Voodoo it is!

Chickie said...

I'm going to be using my mind powers for good!

RisibleGirl said...

I'm buckling up the seat belt!

Anonymous said...

I've been on that roller coaster myself with 3 miscarriages. It's a bumpy ride huh? All my best wishes coming your way that Chicago is a NO GO.

Zube said...

You all rock. This is just what I need. :-)

Anonymous said...

Well shit. So much for our planned "get drunk and meet in person" weekend. DAMN YOU and your obviously active sex life. Can't you think of anyone but YOURSELF????

Everyone else seemed so chipper and supportive I thought a little snark was necessary. You may slap me later. And I won't even slap back. :)

Mamma Mia said...

I had a dream about a week ago you were preggos- D made fun of me for dreamming about someone I don't even know- but my fingers are crossed and hopes are there. Best of luck my dear

Zube said...

Oh no worries. Bring on the snark! I've already told Zube Boy that if this kid comes to fruition, as soon as it's old enough to understand, I'm going to punish it for ruining my vacation. He was like, "Honey, shhh! You're gonna scare it." I said, "Eh, it doesn't have ears yet. I'm not too concerned."

Heh. Without my sense of humor I'd have buried my head in a hole in the ground a long time ago. Do not fear bringing humor into this.

I just wanted to make sure people realized that + pregnancy test DOES NOT = BAYBEEEE! That's all!

Phil said...

I'm hoping Belle & family have a few drinks in celebration of her birthday and your not being there. Um, well, not celebrating just because you're not there. Y'know, celebrating cuz of the reason.

Phil
Echoes in a Nomad's Head

PaintingChef said...

So you decided to spill it. I'm glad! You be watching your mailbox...

PaintingChef said...

and also all those things I've already told you... congratulations, I'm so excited, I'm here for you, one day at a time, boys are dumb, you know...that stuff!!

Amy said...

Tons of positive vibes!!!!!!!!! Here's hoping that your travel plans get fucked all to hell. (It think that's a fairly appropriate and Zube like well-wish, myself)

Rainypete said...

Good luck. Who needs to go to Chicago anyhow?

Anonymous said...

The prayer wheel is spinning, the incense is burning, the beads are out...

Mary

Anonymous said...

Congrats, from one hab-ab to another. As I've often said, one of these times it's gotta work. And why not this time...Will be thinking good-cell-clump thoughts for you.

Crazy Lady said...

They say things happen in three's, and in the past 2 days, I have found out about 2 other people sporting a clump of babish cells, so you make 3! That has to be good right?

junebee said...

We're guarded but optimistic over here at "Herding Cats"!

Rich | Championable said...

Luck and love.

Anonymous said...

Chicago is over rated anyway.
Lots of love and luck.

Karianna said...

please let it stick this time, universe.

crossing my fingers for ya. tightly.

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com / graphics : AmyD : www.amysmusings.com