Thursday, August 02, 2007

Jersey Rocked...

Which probably doesn't surprise you. Now, before I get to the meat and potatoes of this post, I wanted to let you all know that I really love my uvula. It's cute, I think.

Now that that's out of the way...

The Scene: Mom's in the kitchen. I'm in the living room. My Belle, her boyfriend, and my step-dad are various distances in between. It's important for you to know that I brought two bottles to Jersey for Zee. You'll see why.

Mom: ZUBE GIRRRRRRRL!

Z-Girl: YEAH?

Mom: ARE BOTH OF YOUR NIPPLES THE SAME?

Z-Girl: UH, LAST I CHECKED! BUT THAT WAS A WHILE AGO!

Mom: *realizing what she just said* Oh my God.

Z-Girl: Heh.

Mom: Ha. I'm washing the bottles. I'm trying to figure out which nipples are Zee's and which are Stan's. That's what I meant.

Z-Girl: Whew. I thought it was sort of a weird question.

***************************************************

We had a family picnic on Saturday. Moments after huddling around with my cousin and brother and sister discussing our babies' respective ouncely intake, Dad sauntered over. He had himself a little chuckle and said, "You know, just a few years ago, if I'd have heard you kids huddled around discussing three and four ounces, I think I might have had to intervene and let you know that that's quite a bit and you could get in big trouble." Heh. What a difference a few yeras can make.

****************************************************

Well, I'm going to go check out my lovely uvula again. I should take a photo to show you guys. It's really quite sassy.

Photos of the weekend can be found here, for those of you so inclined to take a peak.

8 Leg Humps:

PaintingChef said...

I LOOOOOOOVE talking to my mom about nipples. Heee...

junebee said...

Your parents are hilarious. Now I know where you get it from!

Anonymous said...

The cousin pictures are so cool - I grew up in a family like that. 5 of us were all born in a 3 month span. It was great having someone so close in age that could understand my wacky family!

Effortlessly Average said...

Um... Uvula? Is that something a married guy is allowed to see of another woman without having to use a credit card to get "instant access?"

Miss Cellania said...

Your folks are blessed, to have two babies visit at once. And you are blessed with cool parents!

JacqueFromTexas said...

I now have an uncontrollable urge to look at my nipples and make sure they match...

misguidedmommy said...

so do you ever post here anymore or what

Anonymous said...

I love seeing photos of your family - they all look so good! Your Mom and Donna and Kathy look fabulous. And the photo of your brother Eric on Cora Jane's blog looks so much like your Uncle John it brought tears to my eyes. Bless you all, I'm so happy for you. Kim P.

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com / graphics : AmyD : www.amysmusings.com