Friday, April 14, 2006

What I...

...Didn't really want to hear my coochie doctor say:

"We have a medical student working with us today. Do you mind if he observes?"

...Kind of wish I hadn't said:

"Sure! No problem."

...Kind of wish I had said:

"Eh, what the hell? Can we pass out popcorn and 3-D glasses? I'd be more than happy to accommodate God and everybody's viewing of my nether regions."

I mean, at least then I'd have been a witty bare naked lady, right?

...Thought to myself:

"Well hell, how else is the guy going to learn how to be a good OB/GYN?"

...Couldn't have been more pissed to find in an e-mail from Planned Parenthood this morning:

"Yesterday, Gov. Bill Owens vetoed Colorado’s Emergency Contraception Bill (HB 1212). For the second consecutive year, Owens vetoed a bill that would have provided women with greater access to emergency contraception. "

Linky Goodness:

His drivel on the matter...

Information about the bill and a list of various organizations that supported it...

...Think people don't understand about Emergency Contraception...

It's fucking CONTRACEPTION!!! It PREVENTS pregnancy and ABORTION!!! If a woman is already pregnant? Odds are she will remain so. IT IS NOT AN ABORTIFICANT!!! It helps with the whole NOT GETTING PREGNANT THING! Much like, you know, the BIRTH CONTROL PILL! But hell, some pharmacists are trying to refuse that to women, so I don't know what I was thinking, expecting Pro-Life people to desire to REDUCE the number of abortions. Apparently that's not what this whole fucking dispute is about for some of them. They just want everybody to be pregnant because having kids is WHAT YOU GET for having sex. Or, in my case, getting raped. DUH!

...Think would look just FABULOUS on my foot...

11 Leg Humps:

Ginamonster said...

I love your pictures.

And the rest is really weird, because I went through the same thing when I had my yearly tune up last week, and funny, I said the same thing, or close to it. I think I said, "um, oh-kayee. Guess she has to learn somehow, right?"

Then I got really shy. Especially when she looked up my nose. That was before she looked up my...nevermind.

ACK! contraception is such a GOOD thing! our government is brainless. Let's take over.

Ginamonster said...

ps, is the guvnah's a-hole on his knee? cuz that would explain a lot. you know, every time he hits his knee on his desk, he takes it up the a-hole and that's enough to addle anyone's brain!

Storm said...

You know, I came across a really great description of how said pill works... But I don't know where it was. Go figure. Let me root around in my history folder and hope it wasn't so long ago that it's gone.

junebee said...

Interesting how all these governors (like the one in SD too) are men.

Chickie said...

I needed that once and went to 3 different pharmacies before I found one that carried it.

Phil said...

That reminds me of a joke (slightly modified to fit the occassion):

A man was coming back from vacationing in Mexico when he discovered he lost his identification. The border gaurd refused to let him back into the US unless he could prove he lived there.
"Look, I can prove I'm an American. I have a picture of George Bush tatooed on my right ass cheek, and one of Bill Clinton on my left cheek."
The border gaurd responded with "Oh, this I gotta see." So the man dropped his pants and bent over. "Okay, you're an American. Have a safe trip back to Colorado," the gaurd said.
"Wait, how'd you know I was from Colorado?" the man asked.
"Oh, I saw the picture of Gov. Owens between the other two." ;)

Phil
Echoes in a Nomad's Head

Sarah said...

Thats pretty much what I wanted to say when asked if a med student could watch the removal of my contraceptive coil, but I chickened, think I went with "erm, yeah ok" instead.

Shal said...

well thank goodness that it's Owens last time he can veto it... He's OUT!!

hotdrwife said...

I was so, SO pissed to hear about Gov. Owen's decision ...

AngelConradie said...

i couldn't agree with you more zube! in fact, if there was a male contraceptive pill that had been tried and tested and proven- i would put my son on it!

Anonymous said...

I am a Republican and pro-life (not Catholic) but I couldn't agree with you more on the whole morning after pill. If people could just get their heads around the fact that it makes it so that implantation does not occur, therefore preventing a pregnancy. . . but some people just don't get it.

I was told about your site from Junebee. While in college I worked at Sexual Assault Services because the issue of rape is near and dear to me for many reasons. I find it very admirable that you are so open about what happened to you. I will definitely be back to your site.

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com / graphics : AmyD : www.amysmusings.com