Thursday, February 17, 2011

Chi-Chi-Chi! Li-Li-Li!

Nothing starts the morning off right like a cup of coffee and an e-mail from your Dad containing his awesome chili recipe and a surprising amount of actual measurements. Even better? His self-congratulatory observation of, "How the hell I know all these measurements, I have no idea. I'm usually drunk halfway through the recipe."

I love my Dad.

In other news, I seem to have misplaced my cabana boy. He's probably in a snow drift somewhere. With my grapes. Dammit. I'm feeling a little silly lounging on this chaise without being properly graped. That's the last time I send a dumbass tropical climate type out to fetch me fruit. Lesson learned.

Speaking of grapes, sometimes the kids like to throw things on the floor, most usually messy things, and stomp them to smithereens. When grapes are featured in the daily Stomp-a-thon, I like to pretend it is a loving gesture. They are trying to make me wine. From scratch. What awesome kids. Saltines, on the other hand? No redeeming value there. Though the dog begs to differ. But opinions are rationed frugally around here and he? Doesn't get one. Sorry dude.

I really want a t-shirt that says, "Beer...It Does a Mommy Good." Can't seem to find one, though. I'd like to wear it while I make Dad's awesome chili. Because apparently getting drunk and making chili is not a recipe for disaster. It is...part of the recipe.

And while we're on the subject of chilly, I've gotta brave it. Apparently making chili requires ingredients.

And we're outta beer.

1 Leg Humps:

jzube said...

I can totally vouge for the fact that Dad is usually drunk while making chili and it is GREAT!!! Also most of the time he's like oh throw a little of this and a little of that and a lot of something else and can never tell me what little=into an actual measurement :)

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com / graphics : AmyD : www.amysmusings.com